Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Looking Back

    I observed several different settings before applying to OT school. Since I have never been around kids, I was certain I would not want to work with them. Regardless, I decided to shadow an pediatric OT just to get 'dip my toes in the water'. I shadowed an Occupational Therapist who worked at the Children's Hospital at TriStar Centennial.
     After a couple of months in the program, I can tell you that she worked at an outpatient setting and the hospital was public agency. As most students, I was not a big part of the planning and documenting, and simply got to observe the therapy and interaction with the client and family. Before I never thought of a family showing appreciation as inappropriate. Now looking back, it makes sense that many parents brought the therapists donuts and coffee collectively, as to avoid singling anyone out.

No comments:

Post a Comment