Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Assignments, Applications, and Repercussions of Not Keeping Up with Deadlines



Becoming a professional requires responsibility, not only in keeping true to your word, but in dealing with the repercussions of mistakes as well. Missing out on chances that have the power to further your career because of 'not knowing' is laughable. So, what can we do to ensure that never happens? We can be organized and present at all times. To be successful in any professional environment one has to stay on top of assignments, deadlines, and to always be aware of upcoming projects. This is especially true when we are still students. An experience that helps us grow is the most valuable kind of experience. And we can’t afford to lose points and credibility by no matter what the excuse.
I am in school because I want to become an occupational therapist. That is my dream and there is nothing else in the world I want more. In the end, it does not matter how hard I have worked for something, the reason why I was late, or the potential I have to excel. I will miss out on countless opportunities if I do not complete assignments by the assigned deadline. Whether it is an application, project, or even just a simple blog, the higher we go the more impactful being punctual and organized will become. Rules are they are there for a reason and they need to be followed. Other professionals will perceive me as unreliable and eventually, that will hold me back from reaching my full potential. 
Making sure I am excelling in school and taking advantage of all of the opportunities that are given to me should be a priority at all times. I guess we all need a little reminder of what's important to us every now and then. Unfortunately for me, that tends to happen with a mess up. I am very thankful it did not set me back to the point of no return. 

No comments:

Post a Comment